Good news for all runners which will come from SEPA (Singe Euro Payment Area) countries. Bank charges within these countries for payments in Euro are now very low (10 cents) so you do not have to pay extra bank charges for your payments for entry fee, accommodation, catering and transport.
For the rest of the countries unfortunately Bank charges apply as stated in Bulletin 1.
SEPA consists of 36 countries:
- the 27 member states of the European Union,
- the 19 states that are in the Eurozone: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain
- the eight states that are not in the Eurozone: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden
- the four member states of the European Free Trade Association the three states having signed the European Economic Area agreement: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway
- the one EFTA member that has not joined the EEA, but instead has a series of bilateral agreements with the EU: Switzerland
- four microstates which have monetary agreements with the EU: Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City
- one state which has withdrawn from the European Union but is under a transitional period until 31 December 2020: United Kingdom.